Order normal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by virtual, Sep 30, 2006.

1. virtual macrumors member

Hi, I ordered a MacBook on the 16th Setember, 14 days ago where is was estimated to take 7 days to "build" and 3-7 days to "ship".

I recieved the first two emails "order recieved", and "processing" on the same day within an hour of ordering and haven't heard anything since.

I checked the progress online where it says it was "Shipped on Sep 22, 2006 via UPS (UK) Limited" and provides a link to the "Shipment Status" page where it has no tracking numbers etc.

Just wondered if this is normal, as it has now taken 8 days and couting to ship to me with no indication so far of it being shipped. Should I be worried :confused:

Thanks,
    virtual

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Assuming you ordered via the online Apple Store, I would definitely call and have a live person check the status of your 'book. While shipping updates can often be behind a day or two, this does not seem at all normal to me.
    Best of luck getting your order squared away.

3. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

My experience was very similar with my MacBook.

I presume you're in Ireland or the UK if it's shipping through UPS (UK)

Before I ordered it estimated 7 days to shipping.
    When I ordered (6 Sep) it estimate shipping on 15 Sep with estimated delivery on 20th. It shipped on the 15th, but the delivery date moved to the 27th, and lo and behold it did actually appear on the 27th. It was only the last 2-3 days that I could track it, as the traking numbers (when I got them) kept changing or were absent (I think it travels through several companies on the way), and even then it said that it was in Nuneaton when it was actually on the way to Ireland.

You shold have an estimated delivery date by this stage, so you can expect it on that date. I rang Apple the day before it was delivered to confirm that it would arrive on time.

All in all it took 3 weeks which is pretty piss poor imo. But at least I have my MacBook now and am loving it :) :)

4. virtual thread starter macrumors member

My estimate delivery date is the 4th October which is why I am not really too worried at the moment. Just a little concerned how it is supposed to take nearly 2 weeks to deliver.

3 weeks to recieve your order is really quite poor, as you said. Next time I get a Mac I will drive up to London/Birmingham myself. Do you know if they do upgrades in the stores such as memory, HDD etc?