Order now or wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rick2020, Nov 30, 2012.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2012
    Hey guys,

    I'm just waiting to hit the order button on my 2005 macbook which is slowly dying. Streaming vids has been a pain the ass last few years. Not only that but working with Imovie and even light programs like Itunes and Office products have been hell.

    As a not too rich student living in the Netherlands I decided to go with the better 21.5 Imac and the fusion drive.
    I'm a student commercial economics but I have a passion for a little bit of video editing and programs such as photoshop and illustrator. So I think this one definitely fits my needs.

    The question is:
    Order right away, or wait till the first batch is shipped and order at the end of December or maybe even the beginning of January ?

    Thanks everyone.
  2. macrumors 6502

    Dec 20, 2010
    And what exactly are you going to gain by waiting? A little more context is needed...
  3. macrumors 6502a

    Jul 19, 2006
    No one can answer that but you! If you can afford the purchase now, and you've made up your mind, then go ahead and order. If you are worried about being out of town over the holiday (live at school and going home over a break) than wait until the estimated shipping fits your needs.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2012
    What I meant was: will the first shipping batch have problems like yellow screens etc. or will it not have such problems. The money is waiting to be spend. Thanks for your reply btw
  5. macrumors G3

    Apple fanboy

    Feb 21, 2012
    Hill Valley, California
    Been waiting since February. Can't wait any longer. Ordered this morning. Can't wait to retire my PC!
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2012
    Me 2 since February. Crazy long wait, thank god I managed.
  7. macrumors 6502a

    Apr 23, 2012
  8. macrumors member

    Jun 17, 2006
    Ordered this morning as well, hoping it arrives early!!
  9. macrumors 6502a

    Dec 17, 2009
    Do you also solicit anonymous internet strangers on whether you should go to the bathroom now or later?
  10. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2012
    Hilarious :confused: just wanted to know as it seems the first batch always has some sort of problems to it.
  11. macrumors member

    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vancouver
    I'm waiting... I wasn't going to, but £1040 for the 768 option has really made me think again... As I see it, I can pay £3000+ for the spec i want from apple, or I can pay £2000 and void my warrenty fitting my own SSD, neither is ideal!
    £3000+ and I am thinking I should a) Continue struggling using my old MacBook and works Win Vista machines or b) Pick up a refurb mini
    Both would be stop gaps until we see the new Pro... But what if that is 12 months away? Can I wait that long?
  12. macrumors newbie

    Nov 30, 2012
    Buy Apple Care with your purchase and order it now. Why wait!?
  13. macrumors member

    Nov 8, 2012
    You'd better push the button and let us know.
  14. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2012
  15. macrumors 68040


    Aug 6, 2007
  16. macrumors G4

    Chupa Chupa

    Jul 16, 2002
    Good choice. I was about to post... if you don't order now you'll likely have to wait because Tim Cook already said they have significant production issues with the panels.

Share This Page