Order Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jamescwarren, Nov 3, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

I am definately going to buy Parallels Desktop for Mac, but when I buy it from their website do I have to wait for it to arrive in the mail, or, do I download the software and then they email me a serial number? Also, do I have to pay for downloads. If not, how do they work? Thanks!

2. fezparker macrumors newbie

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just get the eval key (link on the download page), download the newest version, set it up and start using it in evaluation mode...

Then when you're sure you want it purchase the licence, get the email with the permanent activation key and type that in as instructed.

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It's a download. You'll see a check box near the bottom of the order form where they can also send you a CD for a little extra money.

5. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

6. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

Oh, just one other thing. Like Boot Camp, will Parallels work with my MacBook's built-in iSight and microphone? I will be running Windows Vista or XP. Thanks!

7. phuong macrumors 6502a

yes.
    adium dont have webcam feature yet, so i often boot into xp in parallels to webcam-voice-chat with my friends & parents

8. jamescwarren thread starter macrumors 6502

jamescwarren