Order Still Not Received

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ®îçhå®?, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Hi guys,
    I just wanted to know what you ot all think about this. On the 3rd September, i ordered my refurb black macbook. It originally had an estimated shipping date of the 11th September but that then got delayed until the 14th. Anyway, it still hasnt shipped. I am getting slightly annoyed as i ideally needed it when it should have come on the 17th.
    Anyway, do you think that i can call the Apple store and arrange to pick up a refurb one this weekend?? Am i able to do it or is it just wishful thinging?
    Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

if it hasn't shipped, you should be able to cancel it. As for picking up a refurb at a store, I don't think they have refurbs at the stores do they? But give them a call and ask anyway.

3. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Yes they usually have refurbs at the store... you just have to ask one of the employees and they will check for you... im pretty sure they have refurbs on the apple site

4. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

That is what i am saying. I want it ASAP but it still hasnt shipped. I am possibly going into the Regent Street store in London and just wanted to know if it was possible for me to pick up a refurb whilst im there without paying anything, just showing my order.

5. generik macrumors 601

generik

You haven't paid anything, they usually only charge your card when they ship, which they haven't here. Any person can just print out an order slip so I seriously doubt any store will give you a free laptop on account of a piece of paper.

6. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

yeah, and store has no access to online orders, so technically if you are allowed to do that which you don't, you can print out, say, 20 order confirmations... you know where i'm going

7. generik macrumors 601

generik

It depends on country, in some places Applecentres aren't even affliated with Apple at all, so I seriously doubt they'd honor a printout of an order made in the online store.

8. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

If i go into the store and access my account, then cant they see the order and accept it or is there something that i could have hacked the site and changed it. I need it ASAP and they have no idea what is happening about it yet. Its annoying.

9. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

if you absolutely need it asap, you can cancel your online order and go to the store and hope that they have it and you can buy there.. but i would seriously doubt they'd honor your online order

and if you REALLY need it ASAP, but a new one is always an option.

why don't you call the store and ask?

10. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I am thinking about that. I do need it but getting it 1-2 weeks early does not, in my opinion justify the £300 extra.

11. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

well, ask the store if they have refurb.

dont you need it ASAP? so you DON'T need it ASAP...

12. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I do need it ASAP but paying £300 does not justify a little longer wait.

13. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

explain to me again why you ahve to pay 300 gbp?

14. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

My refurb blckbook is costing me £724, buying a brand new one would cost £1028 in store.

15. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

which is precisely everyone is telling you call the store and ask if they have a refurb.
    and if you want to be laughed at, call the store and ask if they will honor you online order

16. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

It has happened before, my iPod had that happen to it so it is possible. I called the store and they said that they would check and call back but so far, nothing.