Ordered a refurb Macbook - have questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Willy S, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Willy S macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    My love-hate relationship with Apple continues. I´ve had troubles with my iMacs, but they have worked well for some months now and I hope all troubles are gone.

I ordered a Macbook, because I and my wife want to use programs like Keynote for presentations etc.

I jumped on Macbook CD 1.83Ghz for 900 euros. I think these are new machines that were overstocked when the Macbooks were upgraded to C2D.

However, I´m wondering if there is much chance that I will get a better configured Macbook than I bought? I´m asking because we are leaving for our Christmas holiday in 1 week and I´m thinking about ordering 2GB ram and maybe a 7200RPM hard drive now, but if I get a better configured Macbook, I might not need to upgrade.

I´m planning on buying a Crucial ram (because it is guaranteed to work and they ship to France, where I live.) Do you recommend any other vendors instead? Crucial price is 250 euros for the 2 modules.

All advice is appreciated!
  2. inf macrumors 6502

Nov 22, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    The machines are mostly used ones which have been faulty and have been repaired or just been returned inside the 14days.
  3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2006
    Flyover country
    I seriously doubt you'll end up getting 2GB of RAM out of it, but you may end up getting a slight upgrade.

My refurb came with an 80GB hard drive. My configuration called for a 60GB.
  4. rogersmj macrumors 68020

Sep 10, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think you greatly reduced your chances for getting free upgrades because you bought the base model--most people who order that one don't bump the configuration up because they're looking to spend as little as possible. You might have had a better chance had you gone for the high-end white or black model.

Still, most of the time refurbs are great deals. Hope you get a good one!