Ordered BTO 15" PBook, but want to change it!!! :(

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by About2SwitchOvr, Feb 19, 2005.

1. About2SwitchOvr macrumors regular

Mar 22, 2004

So, I bought my 15" powerbook online at the Apple Store with a gig of ram and the doubled VRAM.

It's due to ARRIVE here on Monday 2/21.... the thing is.. now I'm kinda thinking I'd prefer the 17" pbook...

According to Apple's site, they do NOT offer refunds on BTO's....

Anyone have any idea what I can do, if anything? Other than selling this loaded 15" on ebay???

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    If it's due to arrive on Monday, then it's been despatched ages ago, and Apple do not give refunds or exchanges AFAIK on BTO orders. You're stuck with it.

It amazes me how you could drop thousands of $$$$ on something that you apparently don't give much thought over :rolleyes:
  3. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Feb 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    yeah, it's a bit late to be making this change seeing as how it's supposed to make it to your house in 2 days...

that being said, you are looking to buy something that costs more than what you ordered (i assume since i expect that you would want similar upgrades on the 17"), so it might not hurt to give apple a call and explain that you would like to give them even more money. the BTO options you got are probably fairly common, so it's possible that they would agree to accept a return (if you don't open the box) in exchance for you getting the pricier computer. you should call ASAP, though - best to check before it gets to you.
  4. CalfCanuck macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Be gentle with him! That's a hard decision between two almost identical units, and I can never make up my mind which I prefer.

A bigger screen is nice for layout work on the road, but the 15" seems to be the the sweet spot in size for lugging a laptop around. :)