Ordered IBOOK (UK)..cant seem to track order status online..help!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Legacy, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Legacy macrumors 6502

Heya peeps, ordered my BTO Ibook on 4th Aug was sent a confirmation of order email from Apple that evening..with the order number (which matches that given by the operator i ordered it from on the phone)

However, when i enter the number and my postal code online..i get a message saying OOPS error has occured? :confused:

Was wondering if anyone can help me out or explain whats going on hehe:)

Thanks

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I don't believe anyone here has any control over Apple's online order status system. I suggest waiting until tomorrow and trying again in case it is just a system glitch - sometimes orders done over the phone do not show up right away...failing that call Apple help...oh yeah!

3. coalquay404 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem every time I buy from Apple. I live in Ireland at the moment and the postcode box is useless to me (we don't have any postcodes here). The way I got around this was to log on to the apple website store and click on "Review your order status." Instead of inputting your order number, click on "Review order history" and you should be able to see the status of your order that way.

4. Legacy thread starter macrumors 6502

AH...uc i ordered it from Apple Telephone sales...NOT from my Apple ID online. Does that mean that im gonna have to wait for Apple Emails/phone them up basically ?

5. coalquay404 macrumors newbie

I'd assume so. Unless they asked you if you had an AppleID on the phone I don't think it would be tied to your online account. I guess the best thing to do would be to ring again and ask.

6. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Ahhh UK Apple orders and tracking. Never works..

Firstly, yeah get your Apple ID/Password, which they usually email to the email address you provided, along with your reciept. Then you log in to the store as if you were going to buy something else, but instead look at your previous orders. That should tell you the progress of your iBook (built, awaiting to be built etc). Once that happens and Apple ship it, they'll give you a TNT tracking number (10 digits long, looks like 80xxxxxxxx), which wont work on TNTs site till they pick it up (from Nederlands). Handily, you can use the Apecode tracker to track your parcel, using the same TNT number.

Takes about 4 days to go from Shanghai (Apple factory) to Nederlands, then about 3-4 to go from there to UK.

7. Legacy thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks..the thing is ive just got an Apple order number through the email...(as i ordered over the phone) and havent got an online Apple ID/Password. Do i call Apple up to obtain one? :confused: from them?

8. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I ordered my Powerbook over the phone, and they set up a ID & Password for me. The ID was my email address I used and the password was one randomly made up by them (something like ipod302).

You should be able to get your account details online mate. First go to the store, then click on sign in. Click on forgot your password. Next enter the email address you gave to Apple over the phone. If that doesnt work, yeah give em a call and say you didnt recieve your Apple ID / Password. Might be helpful to have your order number around in case they ask it.