Ordered ibook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Hwnlocalgurl, May 4, 2004.

1. Hwnlocalgurl macrumors newbie

My brother is getting his ibook I guess in 2 days supposedly. Anyone know why Apple ships from Taiwan, to Alaska, then to Indiana, then it's going to Hawaii? We went to look on Fedex tracking and its says it's in Indiana right now and it's release for delivery?

2. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

You live in paradise, and you're getting a mac !!! A small delay is a minor price to pay for the glorious life you live !!! lol...;-) j/k..

That does seem like an odd course to travel... My bet is that's got something to do w/ fedex though... I could be wrong, that's just a guess... My eMac wasn't supposed to come until yesterday, but last Friday I was walking in the front door & lo & behold, I look to my right- in my flower garden- lol, & there she is... I guess it was as good a spot as any because it was concealed from the street, but visible enough that I couldn't miss it when I walked through the front door... Anyway, my point is fedex can get goofy sometimes...

3. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

It's produced in Taiwan, so it ships from the plant.

THEN

It goes to Alaska to clear customs.

THEN

It is sorted at Fed Ex's main sorting facility in Indianapolis, Indiana (Where all Fed Ex packages are inspected by homeland security officials).

THEN

It is shipped to Hawaii.

4. Hwnlocalgurl thread starter macrumors newbie

Oooooooh wow! That's how they do it. I was wondering, since it seem to go all the way around, instead of coming straight here. I figure that's what you get with free shipping!

5. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Considering all of that... kind of makes you wonder how/if they would be even physically able to have next day shipping.

On a side note, I know I'm always amazed that I can order items from CA (I'm in NY) as late as 3AM for me...and basically have them in my hand later that same day (usually by noon).

6. Hwnlocalgurl thread starter macrumors newbie

I happen to see this link...

My sister showed me this link about Fedex. Okay that is just mental. My brother computer is STILL sitting in Indiana from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Uhm....yeah, I'm thinking it just might not be here tomorrow or Thursday.