Ordered iPod Mini from apple.com... backordered for weeks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Versello, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Versello macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2003
    Ok so like the title sez, I ordered an iPod Mini off apple.com's store (the local Apple store here only had Pink available... ...) and it's on backorder for an estimated 6 weeks. Does anyone know if these estimates are really that long?

I also ordered a dock. It came the day after I ordered everything :eek: Now it's just sitting on my desk like a paper weight.
  2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    I ordered one for my Dad on April 11th. We we're going to give it to him on his birthday next week, but Apple said it won't ship until May 17th. The ship estimate they give is correct. Their is a very high demand, and little stock.
  3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    It is very true. I have waited nearly five weeks for one. I just got the email yesterday saying that it had shipped. I hope to God it doesn't have the static problem, like my other one does.
  4. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    welcome to the world of new apple products ... this happens alot, i'm sure apple didn't quite expect this kind of demand and it seems like if you give them time they will be in full swing. I'm sorry to hear about missing that birthday but hopefully he'll love it all the same.
  5. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Apr 26, 2003
    Wakayama, Japan
    Plus it sounds like they are experiencing some manufacturing/design problems too
  6. JasonL macrumors regular

Feb 13, 2004
    Ware, MA
    I just got mine in; and it took a little over a month to get here. So I'd say the delivery estimates are pretty accurate.
  7. jimsowden macrumors 68000

Sep 6, 2003
    I'm pretty sure they have ramped down production to rework the mini. I work in an apple retailer and we have about 200 ordered and havn't seen one in 2 weeks. Our apple rep told us the supply won't become readily aviable untill mid July.
  8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

All channels are on backorder from our suppliers, mini's are in very tight supply, it will probably take awhile! :(
  9. thejazzman10 Guest

Thats exactly what happened to me :eek: ...ordered it around the end of febuary, just got it 1 week ago...it was worth it though.Oh yeah, and i got the dock a couple days after it ordered (it was gathering dust while i was waiting)