Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ForeverUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Yeah I hate these threads too but I wanted to share my joy. I finally ordered a MacBook Pro 15" last night and will be delivered on Jan 2nd! With a student discount, it came out to be to $2050 with a 160GB hard drive and tax. Ah I can't wait to finally be able to do my graphic and photography work outside of my room.

I've been drooling and waiting for this day for years, but I've never had the finances to afford one. I've been using a used and very beat up iBook G4 for a couple years in addition to my PC. Although my ex and then girlfriend had a PB and even upgraded to a MBP, so I had my moments with them. However, it's just not the same as owning your own.

Mac'Mo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2006
NYC
Hahaha you may hate these threads but when its you, you finally understand the excitement and joy and desire to share that with the MR community. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the family (lol everyone says this, i dont quite get it but i'm just gonna say it to you)

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
One word of advice... the split second you open that mofo, stick your nostrils directly over the side vents and breathe deeply. What a delicious smell it is.

I opened my 17" PB at the school library, and boy did I freak a few people around me out.

aljlin

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2006
CA
YAY! :) Congratulations on your purchase! :) I just ordered mine as well. :) Mine is a 15.4" 2.33 :) So we get to enjoy our laptops fairly soon. It got here last week but i was out of town, so I am picking it up on tuesday. :) hopefully yours gets here really quickly! Mine shipped within 1 day. :D.. Have fun with your laptop!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.