Ordered White MB think i want Black. What to do

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mashinhead, May 28, 2006.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    So i placed an order for a white MB. And now i think i want the black one. Can i cancel it still and have them ship the black one, or can i wait til it comes and exchange it in store? its all stock, the catch is i got it on an edu discount and used a 100 e-coupon i had to by it.
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Why don't you call up Apple and see what they say?

Being a stock model works in your favor in terms of the possibility of returning it. Just don't open it or you'll have to pay the 10% restocking fee.

Whether they can change your order at this point depends on how far along the process is. I'm sure they'll try to do it for you, particularly since it means more money for them, so just call them up.
  3. jesusphreak macrumors member

May 24, 2006
    IMO you should stick with the white one. I own it, and I've seen the black one in person. The black one just looks cheap - I honestly think it looks even worse than cheap Dell laptops and such. Plus if your first instinct was the white one, just stick with it. You don't want to be kicking yourself later for being double-minded.
  4. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    I think you want white the blacks (least in pictures) look like PC's to me. I want shinny black.
  5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I don't mean to be rude, but why don't you guys let him decide which machine he wants? He's not asking to be convinced one way or the other...he's only asking about how he could cancel/exchange his order.
  6. netdog macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
    I just called and cancelled my order. It's no problem.
  7. ModestPenguin macrumors 6502

Mar 5, 2006
    Good Call. Black is better anyways. It looks quite sexy with the white apple on the back.

too bad i dont have one.

8. rob5 macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2003
    Strangely, I thought the exact opposite and went with the black :)
  9. danny_w macrumors 601

Mar 8, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I also thought the black looked cheap until I saw one in person. they really look much nice thatn I had envisioned. I'd love to have a black one.
  10. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005

sounds like a plan to me
  11. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

Feb 17, 2006
    Or better yet...

12. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    10% restocking few plus 150 for black wow, glad i like white:D
  13. amin macrumors 6502a

Aug 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I thought the black looked much better on the web, but after playing with them for a while in the store, I prefer the looks of the white.
  14. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Dec 27, 2002
    Alameda, CA
    Just to clarify: Apple doesn't charge a restocking fee if you cancel the order before it ships.
  15. YS2003 macrumors 68020

Dec 24, 2004
    Finally I have arrived.....
    I also like white Mac. I like my machines to be clean and white experiors (or light colored exteriors) will make it easy for me to spot dirts and other foreign objects.
  16. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

Feb 4, 2003
    New HAMpshire
    THIS IS PERFECT, I wanted a white one instead of the black...I will send you the difference between the white and the black tomorrow. No really I don't mind- I wanted a white one anyway. I am so excited!!!

So where do I send the $200 check...you can then send the MacBook to PO box UR, Gullible, NH, 03464.:D
  17. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    Well i called and they said they could return it. The thing is i had an e coupon from apeture that i used for $100 off. And that they said they couldn't reissue. So for that reason i haven't returned it. The only option i see at this point is to recieve it and exchange it in store, as in say it was a gift, is that possible?
  18. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003

They should only charge a restocking fee if its opened. BTW mine already shipped. and i've seen both in store. I actually like the white color better, but i hate the materials they used to make it. If it was matte on the outside, and all white instead of that cheap grey, i would take the white over the black. I just like the materials and color design choices better on the black.
  19. Reno404 macrumors member

May 19, 2006
    Brussels, Yurop
    And since the black one is more expensive (150$/€) it means you pay an extra 15$/€ if you restock a black one instead of a white one. :rolleyes:
  20. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2003
    $150 for a black paint job + losing your $100? $250 my friend. Is black worth $250 to you? WOW.
  21. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Oct 7, 2003
    So given my situation, of my order, it would cost me $300 to get the black one. So i'm just gonna stick with the white, even though i love the black one more. I already got a new HD for it so that set me back, and i'll get ram or a leica m3 mini digtal replica.