Ordering iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by drmountaindeww, Mar 18, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I have a question. I am waiting until the new 2012 iMac is announced/released to buy one. I want to order it online, and then pick it up at a local store. Will I be able to choose that option and/or "pre-order" the computer after it's announced but before it's released? Thanks!

2. macrumors G3

Most recent Mac updates have been available on the day of announcement. So my best guess is that there will be no pre-order window since it will most likely be available the same day.

You should be able to get one the same day they're released unless you want a custom configuration. Then it depends on if it's options they can change in the store.

3. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

Apple typically doesn't do preorders for new Macs because they aren't as popular as iPhones and iPads are. If you want one you can probably go to the store and pick one up right away, or you can just order from online store and have it shipped you directly.

4. macrumors 68000

alksion

You'll be fine, there aren't millions of people who will buy something that expensive the day it comes out.