Ordering Wii-motes And Nunchucks From Nintendo's Online Store

Discussion in 'Games' started by BurtonCCC, Nov 26, 2006.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I just did this because I'm fed up with driving to eight stores every day to have them tell me the same thing. The website doesn't tell you at all whether they're actually in stock and will be shipped soon, but I will call Nintendo and keep you all updated.

Daniel.

2. barrysfarm macrumors regular

I placed an order last sunday through nintendos online store for a remote and a nunchuck. After an hour the status said "backordered", which is kind of shady because nowhere on their site does it say anything about that. The remote shipped on Wednesday and I received it friday. I'm still waiting on that nunchuck though.

3. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I just need to find some nunchucks now. I don't think that should be a problem, but I haven't looked..

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I ordered two controllers and two nunchuks on the 20th, and they shipped today. Will report back.

Component cables are backordered.

5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I ordered through nintedo online, Supposedly they have depleated all of their supplies and will be shipping out the week of December 18th. I havent checked the status, but the 18th date is there when you are adding the items to your cart.

As far as the component cables go there really isnt a huge gain from 480i to 480p, my friend was able to get her component cables before they sold out online and honestly i cant tell the difference, we both have the same TV's *shrug* i just dont think there is enough difference to warrant a $30 + s/h Tax purchase.

Ed

6. Archmagination macrumors regular

I got lucky.. The local Walmart lost all there Wii controller(Classic, Remote, Nunchuk) from last weeks launch. They found them this afternoon and put them up just as I was walking buy... I joked a little bit with the Walmart personnel about it.

7. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Ever heard of a phone??
    Why on earth would you drive around?

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

A lot of places wont give information over the phone, and thats usually after you wait a while to get someone since this weekend was probably one of the busiest of the season. Besides that even if they had 1 or 2 they probably wouldnt hold it for you meaning that in actual time wasted just driving around is probably less considering you can do other things like shop for gifts in tandem.

Ed

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Take this for what its worth.

Ship Via:
    UPSBLUE
    Tracking #:
    Not Available
    Shipment Date:

Backordered

Part #
    Description

Quantity

Price USD

INSERT, CONSUMER RETURN INST-US
    $0.00
    ACC, CLASSIC CTRL WHITE RVL-WCS
    $19.99
    ACC, NUNCHUK CTRL WHITE RVL-WCS
    $19.99
    ACC, REMOTE CTRL WHITE RVL-WCS
    $39.99

I think getting it from Nintendo will be faster than waiting for it in a store but after seeing that and making a call i was told that it will not be shipping until the week of the 18th of December.

Ed

10. BurtonCCC thread starter macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Exactly. I've found most of the time the employees at the bigger stores usually have no idea what they have and won't go look for you. And certainly they don't go look in the stock room.

Daniel.