Organic Wine in Canada

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Grakkle, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

I'd like to try an organic and/or no added sulphite wine, and haven't been able to figure out how to get something of the sort in Canada.

I know it's possible to order such wine and get it shipped from various companies in the States, but here on PEI all the liquor sales are only through the the government liquor stores, and as far as I've been able to ascertain, they're not able to special order it. As far as I know it's not possible to get liquor shipped here from out of province - all sales must be through the liquor commission stores.

Has anyone bought organic wine (or any sort of wine or liquor not regularly stocked), and how've they got it in Canada in the provinces with government liquor sales (Quebec, PE, etc.)?

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yikes! That sucks. If you get the ordering wine thing sorted out, let me know. I know of a few local wineries you might want to look into.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I have never had great organic wine. Yes, it's organic, but like anything else, it's hard enough to find great wine, let alone great organic wine when the options are so few.

4. Grakkle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

Yeah, I agree about it being hard to find good wine. Hmm... maybe I should get into the wine business.

One fairly cheap wine that I've had a few times and always liked is Goats do Roam from S. Africa - it's only about $14 a bottle and is actually pretty interesting.