Organizing bookmarks in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mfacey, Feb 12, 2006.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Nevermind, answered my own question :)

For those interested, I was trying to figure out how to get my bookmarks in Safari in the bookmarks menu instead of this seperate screen.
    Turns out its as simple as just dragging the folders to "Bookmarks Menu". Could've known. :)

2. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Could post what you were going to ask and where you found it ;) for the noobs out there to macs when they do a search on this forum.

3. mfacey thread starter macrumors 65816

mfacey

-Done!

4. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

Thanks! I'm waiting for someone to post "how to organizing bookmarks in safari" such as: alphabetize the favorites rather then having them list from the last added. ;) if anyone knows please post here as this would help many of us. Thanks!

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

6. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I keep wondering why bookmarks are not stored in alphabetical order rather than by date of bookmark.

Does anyone know of a reliable application to change the Bookmark organization to alphabetical?

7. skybolt macrumors 6502a

BookDog will organize your bookmarks alphabetically, or in other ways. Keeps them sorted automatically. Also checks for duplicates, etc. Great little app -- try it!

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

BookDog looks interesting, but it's $15. I guess I just don't manage that many bookmarks, or I mind find it useful. I tend to group things into folders on my Bookmark Menu.

9. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I noticed this when updating to a new system- if you go into your bookmarks window, drag all of your bookmarks out to a folder on your desktop, clear out your bookmarks, and drag them back in from your desktop, they will be in alphabetical order.

Don't know if that's helpful or not. I personally DIDN'T want them reorganized alphabetically, but oh well.