Organizing iPOD?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by SLiipfert, Jun 9, 2006.

1. SLiipfert macrumors newbie

After thumbing through my iPOD with frusteration while running, I've noticed I have more "car songs" than "workout" songs. So how do I organize my tunes? I know there is or has to be a way to divide them up into folders or something, but alas I have no idea how to do this. I have the videa iPOD, 30gb. I hate trying to run to something calming when I just want to run.

Thanks in advance!

2. TaKashMoney macrumors 6502

I think the best way for you to "organize" your tunes, would be to put certain songs in playlists. This is easily done within itunes in a column on the lefthand side- the same column where 'Library', 'Podcasts', and 'Videos' are all listed. If you click the big Plus Sign button below this column you should notice a new playlist appear on the bottom of the described column. It will, by default, be called 'untitled playlist'. You may rename it whatever you wish (For example- "running tunes") and then drag and drop as many songs as you wish into that playlist. Update your ipod, and under the playlist section in 'Music' on your ipod, only those chosen songs will be play. Hope this is what you are asking...

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If you have changing needs or a particularly large library, look into Smart Playlists that can be automatically updated http://www.smartplaylists.com/

B

4. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

its iPod, for christs sake! not iPOD not Ipod, not IPOD, I-POD, nor ChiliPod or iPaWd. and it is only ipod in lazyness conditions. (too lazy to use capitals)

that is all...

newbies.. (n00bs) haha

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There's a Category setting in iTunes which you can enable by right clicking on the titles of the fields and checking on Category. You can then designate 'car' 'sweat' 'mow' 'lurve' etc.

This is assuming you're an organised person. Otherwise I'd just use playlists like everyone else says.

6. Lebowski macrumors 6502

a registered user on a mac forum, who cant figure out playlists in iTunes....

hmmm.....

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You mean "Grouping" right? "Category" is a Podcast only field obtained from RSS. "Grouping" is used on iTMS to group smaller parts of Classical works into larger works.

B

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Oops sorry yeah. I was looking at the Categories in my iTunes and mixing it up :p