Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronobre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Just ordered and received Original Airport Card, but no installation instructions. Does anyone know of any documentation online?...or maybe some advice? I'm not afraid to open the Mac (G4) just not sure what I'll be looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Mike H

Str8edgepunker

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2001
Philadelphia, PA
I had to order one for a customer a while back because he had an older imac he wanted to use on a wireless network. Cost me about $80 on ebay but he paid me in advance to get it for him but you could probably find it for cheaper.

ronobre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2005
Sorry for no replies

I actually hadn't checked back after my original post but found what I needed so thanks to all who responded.

I didn't want to play the Ebay game so I bought a card direct from Small Dog Electronics in VT. Way more than $80 so wouldn't recommend. I needed to do it though as this Mac was crucial for the kids Christmas and the games that they will be getting.

Installing it was so simple (G4 Tower), new Graphics card also went in smoothly so everything is all set for Christmas (except my Mac is only 800mzh and a bunch of games I bought require 1 Ghz or better). Oh well, I have to convince my wife we absolutely NEED a G5.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.