Original Doom on Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Qoxiivi, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Qoxiivi macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but have been lurking for some time prior to the purchase of my new iMac (which should arrive any day now) to check out what people have been saying about said computer. I've found the various snippets of information that I've gleaned from this forum very useful and you all seem like a nice bunch, so I thought I'd join.

Anyway, I was just wondering what the best and most stable Doom 'port' will be for my new iMac. I always loved the original Doom and play it on my iBook using a version of Doom Legacy. However, it has started crashing a lot recently and I was wondering if there are any ports that will work with Tiger and that maybe be a little more stable?

Thanks in advance :)

Qoxiivi

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Welcome to MR Qoxiivi! :)

Sorry, but I am unsure of the best port to use for playing Doom on Mac, although I am interested in knowing this myself- I would love to be able to play it on my Macs.

3. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

go to http://www.doomsdayhq.com

this is the best port of doom to newer systems ever. Also, it supports some packs that allow you to run doom using high-detailed graphics and 3d models that will make your game look like the pictures below. I recommend you should try it. OS X version is 1.8.6 and a 1.9.0 is coming soon!

Attached Files:

4. Qoxiivi thread starter macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

Thanks a lot - I shall download that as soon as my new iMac arrives.

Cheers :)

Qoxiivi