Original iphone ipod function keeps stopping and skipping songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cleung, Sep 21, 2008.

1. cleung macrumors regular

Jan 11, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I got this 4GB iphone just a few weeks ago as a replacement from the Apple store. I've used the ipod function extensively before today (just even in the last few weeks) but it's now acting like it's possessed. It started when I was in the gym today and after a 35-minute workout, it stopped playing. I thought it was just the vibration that caused it to stop so I replayed another song and it kept stopping and going. I have read other users of 3G iphones having similar issues and some suspect it's the headset jack but mine has nothing to do with it. I restarted my iphone and sometimes it solves the problem but after a few songs it starts acting up again. Now it just randomly plays songs for about 3 seconds by its own choosing. I can't even stop it. It's like it's on shuffle except it only plays 3 seconds and then it stops once in a while and shuffles again! I've pwned my phone as I actually live overseas but do have a legitimate AT&T contract. Does anyone know whether I can fix this by doing a restore and repwning my phone? I don't have access to an Apple store here and would really hate to have to send it back to the US and not have the phone for a couple of weeks. BTW, I've never dropped the phone or damage it in any way.