Original Nintendo Skiing Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by scem0, Nov 24, 2004.

1. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I've been trying to remember the name of a game I used to play on my original Nintendo. You were a little dude skiing down a mountain, you could jump and turn to dodge streams, trees, and various other obstacles.

Does anybody know the name of this game?

scem0

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I can't think of it either.........though I do remember the skiing event on World Games for Commodore 64.....that was a great game:)

3. hoyboy9 macrumors member

I think the game you were thinking of was Heavy Shreddin' . I loved playing this game too when it came out. Oh, the glory days of the good old NES. ;-)

4. TheGimp macrumors 6502

5. alywa macrumors 6502

Alpine Ski?

I think it was called Alpine, or Alpine Ski, or Alpine Racer. Anyway, it had Alpine in it.

Yeah, that was a cool game. So simple, so fun. I actually miss many of those old games... they were easy to learn, fun to play, and quick.

-alywa

6. scem0 thread starter macrumors 604

scem0

7. JasonL macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure there was another game (maybe the Alpine-something that was previously mentioned :confused: )

8. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

I guy at work was talking about these very games the other day, so I pointed him to macmame.org and arcadeabyss.com. If I had all the quarters back I spent on Scramble and Defender, I'd be a millionaire.

9. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I remember a game on a friend's old windows 95 computer that sounds similar. One question, was there a yeti you had to avoid?

10. applekid macrumors 68020

11. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

That !@$%!#@$(!@$*R(!@$*U(%^@ yeti always ate me. Then again, I was only 7 or 8 at the time...

12. The Sheck macrumors member

You're thinking of Slalom, the original skiing game for NES. There were three courses, one of which was Alpine.