Original OSX "desktop Icons" screensaver.....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 3777, Nov 18, 2002.

1. macrumors 6502

Does anyone know where I can download this thing, it was unfortunately deleted from Jaguar, and I don't like any of the screensaves that replaced it. Two of the Jaguar screensavers actually lock my old iMac DV up. If anyone knows where I can find the original "Desktop Icons" screensaver from 10.1 it would be great.......

2. macrumors 6502a

springscansing

Re: Original OSX "desktop Icons" screensaver.....

Have you tried Flurry? It's gorgeous with the proper settings and a fast enough mac.

I always thought the desktop icons one was so windowzy.. I'm glad its gone.

Sorry man. :)

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Flurry is ok, that's what i'm using now, but i'd rather have the Desktop Icons screensaver back......

4. macrumors regular

What the shao?

Hey! You're right! Jaguar ate up my copy of the .Saver folder that contained the Desktop Icons screensaver. What gives?! I had switched over to Flurry a while back, but thoroughly enjoyed my flying Aqua icons.

If anybody is running 10.1.x and could post a .SIT somewhere, that would be hot. I'd love to reclaim that yummy artifact from pre-Jaguar OS X.

Good eye, 3777.

:confused:

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

yes...... hope to hear of a link soon as I don't have 10.1 cd to get it from.....

6. macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i just pulled the "aqua icons" saver off of the 10.1 disk with pacifist. i have not tried it yet, so i don't know if it works or not (you guys can be the guinnea pigs). i zipped it and uploaded it to http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/jivedepot/Aqua_Icons.saver.tgz

i hope it works. let me know if anything is wrong with it and i'll try another copy.

7. macrumors 6502a

Hm... Apple must have changed something, it doesn't seem to work under 10.2, just turns the screen black (same with the preview) :(

8. macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i'm sorry that it does not work. i tried. something in 10.2 must have broken the screensaver (although i can't imagine what, and really, shouldn't apple try to code correctly, especially on small stuff like screensavers?). if apple released the sourcecode, i'm sure that someone with programming knowledge (read: not me) could hack it to work in about a half an hour. i'm not sure why they decided not to include it in 10.2.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

THanks for posting it anyway, it was a nice screensaver, too bad they canned it.