Original Unreal for Mac (looking for)

Discussion in 'Games' started by MortonH, Feb 8, 2006.

1. MortonH macrumors newbie

Hi, I am a recent convert to Mac, having moved to Australia recently and left my old PC behind. However, I miss my old PC games, and am looking for the original Unreal (not UT). The only places I can find that still sell it are in the US but they won't ship to Australia. Anyone know of any vendors that will ship overseas? Or anyone want to sell their copy?

Would also be interested in any suggestions for other FPS games that will run on my G4 (1.5GHz, 768MB of RAM). I have RTCW and it plays really well but the Halo demo I played recently was pretty choppy, even at the lowest settings.

Thanks

Mort

2. shake macrumors regular

i might be mistaken, but i dont think the original unreal runs in OSX.
    i have the original Unreal disc, but i bought that for my beige g3 in the OS 8 days.

great game though.

3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Might be just the demo cuz halo runs fine(around 25FPS) on mid/low settings on the ibook in my signature.

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Runs just fine on my PowerBook G4 in classic.

5. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I can't tell you where you can get it, but Unreal (yep, the original) does run natively on Mac OS X, except for the music.

I am not kidding.

6. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Cool didnt know it could run OSX.
    Found details of how to get it to work via google.
    Though seems its sorta not exactly above board.
    Either way pm me if you have no luck as I've the disc knocking around somewhere.

7. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Unreal 1 Can work on OS X. But you will get some bad rendered spots and no music at all. If that's the price, i think you shouldn't even consider it. Just run it in classic and it will be fine.

The original Unreal OS X app is based into the OS X UT Preview 3 build, which suffers from bad optimization and no music. I don't recommend it. It is an unstable and unsupported application.

Avoid it and play it in classic. You won't have any problems if you update the game to the latest version. I can verify that, since I have finished the game in classic twice.

8. Dokter_Mac macrumors regular

Dokter_Mac

http://sourceforge.net/projects/macglide/

Unreal runs great in classic-mode with macglide !!!
    No visual artifacts en great sound !!!
    Download MacGlide here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/macglide/

Greetz,

Dokter_Mac