Original Xbox and 2 games, what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Games' started by yg17, Jul 24, 2006.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Please note, this isn't a for sale thread, or even a gauging interest thread. It's a "What the hell's a reasonable price to ask because I have no idea" thread :p

I got a 360, and am looking to sell my old Xbox and the 2 games that aren't backwards compatible (I dont play them anyways). Original Xbox (couple years old) with the composite video cable and 1 wired controller, and Project Gotham 2 and True Crime: Streets of LA. So, what do you think is a reasonable price for this? Thanks

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

True crime: streets of L.A is a bowl of ****. I would say $100

Bless

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

personally i liked true crime, but i just gave my xbox away, if you sold it you don't get much, why not just make someone you know happy?

4. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Schmittroth

Yeah I'm with Hector here. Seriously I doubt you'll get more than $50. Give it to a friend so you can play Halo 2 with another friend. Actually do the 360s play Halo 2 with the old xboxes or just other 360s?

Also you could save it for the holidays and donate it to a charity or church. I'm sure some kid in New Orleans hasn't gotten his video games back yet. Not sure I'd include 'True crime' with the donation though. Call that a $2 credit a Gamestop.

5. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Its sad to see how much the xbox price has diminished like this, but... either keep it for casual get togethers, or use the money you get with it to pay for the tax on you 360:D

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

The Xbox 360 can play Halo 2 with original Xboxes, whether over XBL or Ethernet.

7. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

8. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I just got a $100 out of my Xbox with one wireless controller, one wired controller, the Xbox Live Kit, and the DVD kit.....I sold it on eBay. So if you need money definitely don't "give it away". You can at least sell it and get a game and another controller for your 360.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My brother sold his Xbox a few days ago. chipped, 2 controllers and 1 or 2 games for £100. though the chip did raise it's value a little bit, i know! fancy that.

he paid £130 for it originally. or my parents did.

10. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I have been thinking of selling my xbox for awhile now but I didn't know a good price to start at.

I now have second thoughs. I might just keep it, just to have it.

11. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I sold mine with 5 games for $150 on ebay a few weeks ago.

12. pcypert macrumors 6502

I love this phase in the video game cycle. Where the console really goes low before it becomes retro. Not good for the sellers, but great for those of us who wait for systems rather than buying the next best thing...

Paul

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Brand new xbox, dvd kit, and 4 games retails here at €149 or (£99)

A second hand Xbox with a couple of duff titles, your looking at €70 or $70 tops.