OS 10.2.8 w/ Epson 1280 printing problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by xxxxcameronxxxx, Dec 29, 2003.

1. xxxxcameronxxxx macrumors newbie

Dec 29, 2003
    new york, ny
    i have had this problem for a long time and i think this is a tricky one...

i have an epson 1280 sivler printer. printing borderless pictures (usually from quark) seem to print at 101 or 102% and continue to spill ink into the printer. i have the updated drivers in place, have been through 1st level and 2nd level help at epson tech support, and still have no resolution. i can fudge the image by printing it at 98% or so, but the layout sizes become inconsistent and not exactly in place. just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen.

on the driver updates page for epson...the newest driver for OSx only goes up to 10.2.5...could this have anything to do with it? any thoughts are appreciated. thanks.
  2. iain a macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2004
    I get this too on a Photo 1290
    ...not just on Quark, but on photoshop as well.

At one point it was an intermittent problem. Files suddenly became corrupt. If you created a new document and cut and pasted the contents of the original into it, it would print fine....although could corrupt again at a later date. Tedious with entire magazine layouts however.
    Recently this hasn't worked though and everything seems to be too big.

I sent a corrupted document to a colleague who has another brand of printer, it printed fine on that.
    I have been communicating with Epson, who first off asked if I had their latest Drivers(Yes) and more recently got this:

"When you set the printer to borderless it does actually crop a certain amount on the image. It is approx 3mm increase. Possibly reduce the raw image by 3%"

I don't understand how this has anything to do with what I asked them as my images appear too big when printed on sheets with margins.