OS 10.2 Preferences

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jamdr, Oct 13, 2003.

1. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

I just upgraded to 10.2.8 and for some reason my mouse preferences pane no longer works. I looked in System/Library/PreferencePanes and found that there is no mouse.prefpane folder, but there is one for every other pane. How can I get this installed, other than by reinstalling the entire system? Anyone have any ideas?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: OS 10.2 Preferences

Try looking at your preferences again, it is now "Keyboard & Mouse". (In Keyboard.prefPane)

3. jamdr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamdr

No, it's no...is it suppose to be?

I'm talking about 10.2.8, not 10.3 or anything. I still have separate keyboard and mouse panes, yet the mouse one does not work (says "cannot load mouse"). Is 10.2.8 suppose to have Keyboard & Mouse, not the separate keyboard and mouse?

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

5. Bear macrumors G3

Re: No, it's no...is it suppose to be?

Yes, 10.2.8. It looks like they may have made the change because of Bluetooth.

May I suggest quitting out of Preferences, deleting ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.preferencepanes.cache and then going back into System Preferences?

6. jamdr thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Thank you

Thank you. That fixed the problem with the preferences. But I'm very disappointed with 10.2.8. It freezes every few minutes so I have to force quite the finder. What is wrong with this update? I did a clean install of the OS, and it doesn't work. I can't wait for Panther...