OS 10.4.1 (when available) How to get it on iBook.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iBunny, May 8, 2005.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    I am currently in Iraq. Deployed. Right now I am on my Work computer. A Windows Laptop. I have no way to get my iBook connected to the internet. How Would I be able to download an update and install it on my iBook. Currently I get all files and download from my Work Laptop and Use an external Hard drive to move it over to my iBook. Can I do that somehow with a OS update / security update. Same goes for iLife 05 updates and what not. Thanks...
  2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Since you are on the internet right now, check apples site - they give updates like that on their site.

But its a huge file...
  3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

Aug 22, 2003
    Its not out yet (4.1), but it will probably be about 30mb.
  4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Whoops... I didn't type that correctly.

I meant:

"Since you are ABLE TO CONNECT to the internet right now, check apple's site WHEN ITS RELEASED and you should be able to download it."
  5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Apple provides the updates as regular downloadable files on the support section of their website. You don't have to use Software Update to download them, it's just more convenient (assuming you have an internet connection). So, you should be fine just downloading the update on your Windows laptop, then burning it to a CD and transferring it to the iBook to install it.
  6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

Jan 8, 2005
    On the moon.
    Yeah that would work perfectly. You'd be able to do that by downloading them off of Apples' site.

On another note, thank you for serving. The world will be a better place due to people like you. I commend you. :)
  7. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 15, 2004
    I appricate the responses. I didnt know if the Updates were only available via the software update function. I am glad I can DL the file seperate and transfer it to my computer thru other means.

8. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Secret Moon base