OS 10.4.6 lost my mail!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rkphoto, Mar 9, 2007.

1. rkphoto macrumors regular

rkphoto

Hello

I just installed OS 10.4.6 on my iMac G5 (see below) with the store bought DVD. I know it's about time but 10.3.9 seemed to be working well enough. The only reason I updated to 10.4.6 is that I'm going to be installing Final Cut Studio and it requires it. The first time I opened mail after installing the new system it said it would need to import my mailboxes which would take a few minutes. It took a few minutes then said it was done but now all of my messages from prior to Sept 16, 2006 are missing and all those messages from one of my accounts although visible in the viewer have the following message when opened:

The message from Sender's name <sender@sender.com> concerning “itinerary” has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it.

What could have caused this and how can I get my messages back. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Best,
    rk

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. rkphoto thread starter macrumors regular

rkphoto

I know but the disk I bought at the apple store was 10.4.6. I just updated to 10.4.8 online but my mail's still not there. Any ideas, any one?

Checked in the account folder in the user library and some of the messages are there as .emlx files but they don't show up in my viewer. Just the previous quote comes up in the viewer

(The message from "sender's name" <sender@sender.com> concerning “Re: SV: SV: direct link” has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it.

Thanks for your help.

rk

4. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

This is exactly why Apple releases software updates; to avoid bugs!

Just update your computer as soon as the updates become available.

I've heard of alot of people refraining from updating.

I'm afarid I don't have any solution, but it may be a lesson learned for the future. When you get a new Mac, software update is the first thing to do before putting files on and programs.