1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

os 10.4, ibook, and battery problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by howard, Sep 17, 2005.

1. macrumors 68020

howard

since i installed 10.4 i've been having battery problems with my ibook. it was working perfectly fine before but now even thought it says "charged" on the top, i'll unplug it and the computer will shut off dead immediatly. i've tried reseting the power manager, i've tried zapping the pram and i've tried opening firmware and typing reset-nvram reset-all. none have done anything to help the problem. Any ideas?

2. macrumors 68020

YS2003

Have you tried taking out the battery while your iBook is powered by AC adaptor? I heard this sometimes fixes this type of problem.

3. macrumors 6502a

Voidness

4. macrumors 68020

howard

downloaded that program, says current battery charge: 0% and battery is charging: no

so i guess the computer is not charging the battery. any ideas on how to fix this?

5. macrumors 68020

howard

so now i'm pretty sure the battery is just dead. It won't charge up in another ibook, same problem. and now the buttom led on the battery is constantly lit up. what i don't understand why installing os 10.4 did this. I'm certain it was what caused this because it was working fine before and as soon as i installed it it stopped working.