OS 10.4 - where are iCal Calendars stored?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by cb911, May 23, 2005.

1. macrumors 601

cb911

i've got some backup calendars from 10.3 (i could have sworn that i'd already moved them over to my 10.4 install...) but when i just went to iCal now i couldn't see them.

so i went to Find the "Calendars" folder which in 10.3 was located in "~/Library/Calendars" but it doesn't seem to be there in 10.4?

anyone have ideas as to where it's gone to?

2. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

The folder is gone. It doesn't have a direct Tiger equivalent now - the calendar format has been enhanced.

Anyway, the calendars have moved to "~/Library/Application Support/iCal/Sources". The .ics files are all called corestorage.ics, and are wrapped inside .calendar packages with strange-looking names like "061A349D-06CF-4254-9237-00419E413087.calendar" (this one's from my iMac).

3. thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

it's funny - i was so used to manually copying the Calendars folder that i didn't even think of importing the old calendars. but that's what i just did and everything is working fine. :)

4. macrumors 65816

James Philp

Dope! Yeah with .Mac all that stuff is effectively done for you now (and done well I mean!) As with contacts, bookmarks, mailboxes and accounts etc etc. Thank god it works now!

5. macrumors newbie

Ical sync

I have sync'd 3 different macs doing Icals, Address books, and bookmarks and have now bought a new 24" Imac and can sync Address book, And bookmarks, by not the Icals. I have had many emails with apple help and .Mac help and some song about .MAC not recognizing the older mac 10.3.9. on the first 3 machine and that I must update. I say it syncs address book and Bookmarks. They go quiet and change the topic. Taking the lead from your above reply I export/imported and I now have a master in place by it will still not sync.
    Any thoughts?
    Lew