OS 9 version of Folding?

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Sailfish, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Sailfish macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2003
    I have a smashed screen OS 9 Lombard mirrored to a TV presently running Seti. Folding is on my OS X eMac 800.

I would rather switch and run the Folding on the Lombard, less dial-ups and use the Seti screen-saver on the eMac. Mixing the two and Seti hogs the processor from Folding.

Is there a OS 9 version of Folding, I can't seem to find a link on their site.

Thanks. :p

Oh a word to the wise, set your laptop to mirror (instead of extended) in monitors, if you ever smash your screen and need to hook it to a external display at least you don't have to "hunt and peck" to drag things over. ;)
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Re: OS 9 version of Folding?

That's because there isn't one :rolleyes:

Folding@Home FAQ (Pinned to the top of this forum!!)
  3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    I would loovee a Os 9 version of it... but they didn't make it.

I could easily take over 30 machines in my school with lax security (I average cracking 3 computers security every time I am in the Comp. Lab ;) )

I would love it... but no.
  4. Sailfish thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2003
    Well not providing a OS 9 version was dumb, think of all the people like me who were considering trashing their old, damaged or obsolete hardware that could have been used for a more immediate need than searching for a bunch of aliens who would rather inseminate us with their "proteins" instead.

I hope the folding creators didn't just sign the entire human race's death warrant with this move.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It's more a matter of what could not be done with an obsolete operating system.

Mac OS 9 and earlier did not have the strength and facilities they needed.