Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBP13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Hi. I got my MacBook Pro 13 for Christmas of 2010, and it was purchased by my mother just a few days before Christmas at the Apple Store in Baton Rouge, LA.

My question is: Is there any way that I can upgrade to OS Lion for free since my MacBook was purchased so close to the release of OS Lion?

Thanks.

Mik3F

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Lion isn't out till Summer at the earliest, you will have to pay for it like the rest of us

iZero

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
Hi. I got my MacBook Pro 13 for Christmas of 2010, and it was purchased by my mother just a few days before Christmas at the Apple Store in Baton Rouge, LA.

My question is: Is there any way that I can upgrade to OS Lion for free since my MacBook was purchased so close to the release of OS Lion?

Thanks.

No one even knows for sure when Lion will be released yet except a very loose "sometime in the summer of 2011"... But no, you won't get it for free. When it's out, the only way to get it free as far as I know, will be to buy another Mac after it's released. Then it's costing you a few thousand dollars :p The upgrade discs won't be too bad, just save a little now, by then you'll have it ready :)

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

Thanks.

No. You aren't entitled to anything. Besides, define "close", Lion is still months out from being released.

MBP13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2011
Oh..My bad! I thought OS Lion was already released!

Woops. If that's the case, I'll just buy it later on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.