OS X 10.2 Jag.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lashad, Jan 3, 2004.

1. lashad macrumors newbie

Ok My Friend Sent me 4 cd images of Mac OS X 10.2.... but there in Iso form... I burn them to a CD but my Mac wont read them.. How can i Burn them..

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Re: OS X 10.2 Jag.

Because MacOS X 10.2 ships on two CDs, it appears as though your friend split each disk image. They will have to be rejoined. The best person to help you should be your friend who sent the images to you. However, it would be extremely helpful if you would let us know what resources you have to manipulate and burn disk images. For instance, Jaguar's Disk Utility can burn ISOs, but you don't have Jaguar. Maybe an earlier version of MacOS X 10.x Disk Copy can do the same thing, but I don't use that anymore.

3. lashad thread starter macrumors newbie

the first Disk is 650MB so How could he have split them up... I just want to know how to burn it so i can install it. I used Nero to burn it.. Is it some way or some file extention I have to burn it at

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....perhaps you just go out and buy a *legitimate* copy of the operating system instead of asking for help with pirating a copy.....oh yeah!

5. lashad thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

Call 1-888-667-4722 and they can tell you what you need to do.

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

omg, another thief looking for a favor. anyway, i'm gonna assume that yr friend is a PC user and probably downloaded these from Kazaa or elsewhere since the disk images are not only split but in ISO form. any Mac user knows that .iso is unreadable. why not just get a paper route or something and save up for a legal copy? you're not gonna have much luck around here finding a krack.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Actually, .iso images are readable on MacOS X 10.3. I had no trouble using Disk Utility to burn an .iso of FreeDOS.

9. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

the best part is that this person is trying to pirate an outdated version.

10. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Greatest response EVER
    :D

lashad - if your gonna pirate software, don't tell everyone about it, and especially don't ask for advice on a site like this....

You'd probably get a better response from Apple itself :rolleyes: :D ;)

11. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

how do you know its pirated?
    perhaps he owns the system and left his disks at a friends house so his friend made a few images of the disks and sent them to him.
    not evreyone you meet who is trying to burn a disk is a pirate, keep that in mind.

if you are pirating jaguar in the future, don't mention what exactly it is you are trying to burn just say you have "a couple of iso's and i gotta burn them" alot of people on these fourms dont take to highly to thoes trying to cheat apple out of their well earned money. even thought im sure over half the people on this site have installed a single copy of an os on more than one computer :D

12. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

oh. <insert foot in mouth>

13. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

And on 10.2. And probably on earlier ones too, but I'm not sure because the earliest OS X I've used is 10.2.1.

14. lashad thread starter macrumors newbie

it very funny but.. My friend did send it to me.. he thought it would be fast to break the **** up in images and send it to online instead of mailing the **** to me and it taking about 4 days...