OS X 10.3.9 on PowerMac G4 upgrade

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tampasteve, May 31, 2013.

1. tampasteve, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013

macrumors 6502

First post for a lurker!

I have a PowerMac G4 733 MHz processor, 1.5GB , 140GB HDD Quicksilver running OS X 10.3.9 and I am contemplating upgrading it to Tiger. Would you recommend this, and if so what is the best source for the software?

I should add, or would I be better off keeping Panther on this machine?

2. macrumors 68000

Nameci

Send me pm, and i might be able to help you.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

New to the forum....I do not have enough posts on this site to PM yet. Can you PM me? Otherwise I will get there soon, I am sure.

4. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

No, he can't, you cannot receive PMs yet.

I am sure that you can purvey your pearls of wisdom across at least three posts, and then you will be able to PM.

5. macrumors 68000

Nameci

Keeks is right. It is not that hard. Contribute some into the community and you can receive some free goodies...

6. macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Tiger is easy to find, it's a nice step up. Leopard is better, you've got a PMG4, I'd recommend a fresh install of Leopard actually if you can get a hold of it and make sure you got 512MB+ memory and a Core Image capable graphics card.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tips everyone. I appreciate the responses, I suppose that right now I will keep an eye on ebay and Amazon to see if any deals on Tiger or Leopard come up.

8. macrumors 68000

Nameci

send me an email at ice dot ginandoy at me dot com and I suppose I can help you with either Leopard or Tiger.