1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

OS X 10.4.11 Running really slow!!!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacAndrew92, Jan 29, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors newbie

3. macrumors 601

alust2013

Something isn't right, because it says you have 2GB installed in your "about this mac" screen shot, but in activity monitor, it only recognizes 512MB. Try reseating your RAM, and don't be afraid to give it a solid push into the slots.

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 601

alust2013

My suggestion was to open up your case, take out each stick and put it back in. Sometimes that helps.

6. macrumors newbie

I've done that, I've cleaned the slots still nothing I've reseted the PRAM :(:( still nothing :(:( i don't know what I can do

7. macrumors newbie

Ive removed the 1 gb stick so im only with 1 gb of ram, i got 669 mb free ram whats wrong with the other one?

8. macrumors 601

alust2013

the 1GB is probably the problem then. You have 1GB still installed and 669MB free, which sounds about right. You'll want to replace that 1GB stick, and maybe even just grab 4 new 1GB sticks, which are pretty inexpensive, and will be helpful for photoshop.

9. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the repley :)
    One question im using 10.4.11 with atm 1 gb ram do u think photoshop will work okay ;)

10. macrumors 68000

Well it will run, but I wouldnt expect it to be speedy if your running multiple layers with multiple filters/effects.

11. macrumors newbie

Okay :D thanks a lot for your support really helped me :D

One final question if u dont mind do u think OS X 10.4.11 is old :/ cause i really don't wanna to upgrade and apple droped tiger support :(:(

12. macrumors 68000

Personally I dont think its that old really (I was using OS 9 for production until 2010 when I finally jumped off of Final Cut Pro 1) - I still have it in full time use on my iTunes Server, and I have 10.3.9 on a PowerBook as its just so much faster than 10.5 even though its supported on both, and I have the disks). There are still community projects such as TenFourFox designed to bring the latest Browsing etc to it.

13. macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot :) btw i've seen your youtube videos they are very cool gosh u must be lucky to have lots of macs xd

One question does the hosting webs.com are okay cause im using a home made web server intel atom xd

14. macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

You mean hosting a website on webs.com? Yeah I've had one on there since '06 with no problems.

http://ncsu81.co.nr/