Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The wait for Leopard 10.5.2 continues, with a 1 digit build increment (9C31) seeded today. The latest developer build offers fixes to a networking connectivity issue, and reportedly has no known issues. Apple seeded build 9C30 just two days ago.

Meanwhile, in non-10.5.2 news, Apple has seeded a new build of Safari 3.1 to developers today. The new release seems to incorporate much of what has been implemented in the Webkit builds since the last major release.

New features include (links to Webkit.org descriptions):

- HTML5 audio and video tags: "The new HTML5 and elements add native support for embedding video and audio content in web pages. They also provide a rich scripting API for controlling playback."
- HTML5 SQL storage API: "The client-side database storage API allows web applications to store structured data locally using a medium many web developers are already familiar with - SQL."

191737-db_300.png

- getElementsByClassName: "getElementsByClassName is one of the more common functions requested by JavaScript programmers (and added by JavaScript libraries); it works along the same lines as getElementsByTagName and getElementById in looking up elements of a web page by their properties."
- Downloadable fonts: "With font face rules you can specify downloadable custom fonts on your Web pages or alias one font to another. More details."
- CSS Transforms and CSS Animations

The latest beta builds of Safari also address a number of significant fixes. Safari is currently at version 3.0.4.

Article Link

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
You're killing us Apple. I need to show the newbies here how to make a Leopard image and I want 10.5.2 to push on it.

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
Gah! The wait is killing me, but a) I don't need it and b)I can wait because the longer the wait the better it will be.

Is Safari available on the Apple Dev. Connection site? I just see a new build for Windows and a new build for Safari Tiger... Or was this just sent to the "special" developers. :confused:

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
Did they fix the text-shadow bug? On Safari if you do a text shadow with an offset of -1px, it doesn't show up. You have to tell it to do -2px for it to show the 1px shadow. But then it looks all messed up on Safari for iPhone and Safari 3 for Tiger (it offsets 2px). Can anyone verify if this bug is fixed?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Gah! The wait is killing me, but a) I don't need it and b)I can wait because the longer the wait the better it will be.

Is Safari available on the Apple Dev. Connection site? I just see a new build for Windows and a new build for Safari Tiger... Or was this just sent to the "special" developers. :confused:

Would that be the site that has the OS updates as well :confused:

Anyway if you want to see what the latest Safari will be like why not try webkit nightly, you can use nightshift to download it automatically and you can schedule it with lingon if you really want to.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Surely a longer wait is better?

I bet all those saying Apple should release it now would be back whinging and whining if they found a bug in it. Just be glad that Apple are actually trying to fix as many bugs as they can instead of just releasing it as fast as possible.

Correia

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
Canada/Portugal
Seed after seed after seed!

I'm sick of hearing about this seed that seed .. seed this ... seed that. I'd rather all the talk of 10.5.2 disappears and only talk about it when it comes up! The wait is killing me, and the talk about it is killing me even more!

AHHH!!!! Damn you Steve Jobs!!!

Hurry 10.5.2!!!!!

MacUser226

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2008
Why must you do this to Steve!!?!?!? I know you want it to be perfect but the wait is so painful!

Considering the seed release escalation, I'd wager by Friday, if not tomorrow.

Yeah its more than likely that the less days between seeds the sooner it will be released. they are probably just touching it up now. i completely agree with you on Friday...im hoping tomorrow though if were lucky!

onicon

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
i propose (the very old and often cited, but nevertheless still surprisingly popular) 10.5.2 on friday new mbp on tuesday :rolleyes:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
the first post used to say "10.5.2 needed for Safari 3.1" is this no longer the case?

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
I'm looking forward to the new Safari - hope it will get somewhat snappier, eventually.

(Sorry, but someone was going to post this anyway, so thats covered now...) :cool:

lostfan916

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2007
NorCal
Would that be the site that has the OS updates as well :confused:

Anyway if you want to see what the latest Safari will be like why not try webkit nightly, you can use nightshift to download it automatically and you can schedule it with lingon if you really want to.

There's a free membership that you can sign up for, and I did to get the latest Safari for Window's builds, and you get some other little download things. There's also the membership where you pay a lot and have to be special :D and then you get the latest builds I think.

I guess I'll just wait...Safari is one of the things that I think needs an update.

eraser85

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
we'll get another type of super tuesday with MBPs and super friday with 10.5.2!! Of that I AM SURE!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool: :eek:

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
There's a free membership that you can sign up for, and I did to get the latest Safari for Window's builds, and you get some other little download things. There's also the membership where you pay a lot and have to be special :D and then you get the latest builds I think.

I guess I'll just wait...Safari is one of the things that I think needs an update.

I know about the free one, I am on it. All pre release stuff gets put on the paid for accounts so assumed that you had a paid account as you were wondering where it is and therefore was confused as to why you couldn't get 10.5.2.

Try webkit nightly if you want to see what safari will be like, basically the same but faster, or as the old MR adage goes snappier.

mwp98223

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2007
Conway Washington
"a networking connectivity issue"

I sure hope that means the crazy issue with trying to see and/or connect to Windows computers on my home network and/or Windows machines that see my iMac but can't connect. I have tried every published fix with inconsistent results. Sometimes the computers are non-existent, sometimes they show in the "shared" section of finder, but I am unable to connect, sometimes they can be seen and connected using the "Go" dropdown in finder....nothing consistent, no permanent fix, but a guaranteed head scratching, mind-numbing frustrating experience...

PLEASE be fixed already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.