OS X 10.6 not holding applications in the dock

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Hayezy, Jun 25, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Has anyone had this before?

If I put an application in the dock, when I log off and log back on the application disappears.

Its the first time I've come across this when I've bound a mac to open directory, none if the other macs in the same work group do this, which is why its so confusing.

Any help is appreciated....Cheers

2. macrumors 6502

right click on the app icon in the dock, go to options then make sure 'keep in dock' is checked

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Done that, I've been using macs for long enough to know that.

Either by dragging the app to the dock or by checking the "keep in dock" option, once I log out and log back in the app isn't in the dock anymore

4. macrumors newbie

Perhaps the app does not reside on the useres Mac,but on the server, so when starting the dock, the Network Drive the app is on isn´t mounted yet, so the app doesn´t show? It should show a question mark, though.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

nope not that either, got other problems with the machine, so I'm gonna flatten it and start again

6. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

Yep, 99.9999% of the time it's a corrupt plist. The other .00001% makes me shudder.
    :)

7. macrumors 6502a

bizzle

Do you use MobileMe and have it sync dock items? I've seen this issue before and I believe a reset of sync data for dock items or at least disabling dock syncing resolved the issue.

8. macrumors newbie

Hi

I've noted the same problem with my macs and icons keep fade away even when I disable docks items sync in MobileMe preferences...