OS X 10.7 with developer account

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ssdeg7, Feb 27, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I have a question, if a pay the $99 to be a Mac OS X developer do I get the preview of OS X 10.7 for free? And when it is released do I get a free copy?

If so, how do I get it? When I register do I receive a redeem code for the Mac App Store with a coupon for Lion? Isn't it cheeper to pay for the $99 than pay the entire price when the OS is released?

Thanks in advanced!

2. macrumors 68020

Everyone is the Mac Developer program gets a code to redeem their preview copy of Lion, you can redeem it whenever you want, it's available now.

Apparently Developers in the Snow Leopard got the Gold Master for free, or at least that's what I've heard (read: get second opinion).

No one know's how much lion will cost, probably more than Snow Leopard. I'd say Lion will probably be around $99 or a bit lower.

3. macrumors newbie

Lion

It will be 29.99$ For all 5 Licensed Mac's

4. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, there's no limit on the number of Macs. It's simply all of the ones you own and/or control.

jW

5. macrumors 603

Cromulent

Really? I must have missed the news on this. Was it in the keynote or is it on Apples site somewhere?

6. macrumors 6502a

As far as I understood it, you are right technically. However, each iTunes account can only be tied 10 devices, 5 of which can be PCs. So in practice, that is 5.

7. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

iTunes. Not the Mac App Store. You're misplacing the limitations. You cannot authorize iTunes on more than 5 computers (unlimited iDevices, however). You can, however, authorize the Mac App Store on an unlimited number of Macs.

jW