Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Penn Jennings

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Michigan
Agreed. Apple needs to serioulsy focus on power in this instance, instead of pushing the limits on how small they can make things... Maybe change the form factor to a rack-mountable 3-4U? That'd be sweet.

Other than that, I'm assuming new Haswell processors will blow away all these i series processors.

Maybe we'll see 27-inch LED cinema displays similar to the new iMac displays... RETINA?!? fingers crossed.

Rack mount is an enterprise feature, Apple really doesn't seem that interested in that space.

anubis72

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2004
Whoopity-do! How about news that affects more than 50 users? Where the heck is iTunes 11?

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
First leaked photo of the new Mac Pro after it has been given the Jony Ive minimalist makeover :)

mac_pro_mini.jpg

Sorry could not resist!

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
.....so this is the way Apple does it huh ?

Buld in "some future" part, and/or diver to an eailer OS, that stands out as a point of "This is gonna be the next big thing, but only because ....it was seen in OS X 10.8.3 beta..." and this matches up with what we know, or may know, about the next Mac Pro....

Interesting concept... but their just giving developers want they want... Information

Its hardly a chore.

Renzatic

Suspended
Mac Pro is a nonstarter.

If granny can't use it, then it's stupid. :mad:

I love how some people go on and on about how Apple is the Porsche, Mercedes Benz, BMW, what have you of the PC world. How they're computers for people with taste and money.

But when you talk about the one machine Apple makes that's truly the Porsche, BMW whatever of their lineup, they go on and on about how it's a waste of time because it isn't a computer for the average consumer.

It's like...you know...stupid.

markbarthel

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Mac Pro vs iMac

Question for all you Mac Pro users...

I currently own the 2010 iMac 27", 2.93ghz, 1tb, 16gb model....

Do you think the new Mac Pros over a top end iMac is even worth it?!?!?

cgc

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2003
Utah
With Apple's track record I bet the new GPUs will only work with the most recent MacPro, they'll drop support for 2010 MacPros and earlier, and you'll need OSX XI to run it.

I really hope my 1,1 MacPro running OSX 10.7.5 can run it. Apple's focus on everything except iMacs and MacPros is disturbing.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Question for all you Mac Pro users...

I currently own the 2010 iMac 27", 2.93ghz, 1tb, 16gb model....

Depends on what you are going to do with it. if the 2010 model is not doing it for you then maybe you should look at one.

Renzatic

Suspended

Depends on what they want to do with it. About 95% of the people here could easily do everything they need to do with an iMac. Hell, probably 3/4ths of that 95% could eek by comfortably with a Mac Mini when it comes right down to it.

But then you have the true professional. Someone who's editing raw 4k video clips, rendering out high resolution movie scenes, or modeling scientific data. Those people need all the processing power they can get, and is something the iMac can't provide. That's who the Pro is built for.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
Apple may drop Mac Pro one day, just like they dropped 17" MacBook Pro due to poor sales. And then they'll tell us that iMac is enough for everyone, just look how it's thin and cool and powerful.

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
Yawn.

The AMD HD 7000 series came out in FEBRUARY. :rolleyes:

Apple is ALWAYS a day late and a dollar short with video card support. It's embarrassing.

Like antster94 pointed out, the 8000's are on the horizon. So.... one can reasonably assume it will take Apple at least 10 months to add support for those new cards. :rolleyes:

Oh...... and the icing on the cake should be when Apple offers an AMD Radeon HD 7970 for something outrageous like $599.00. :rolleyes:

Actually, it came out in January.

I'm rocking out with a HD 7950 here, excellent card. :)

JackLeBoul

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2010
Zurich - Switzerland
Hear, hear

If granny can't use it, then it's stupid. :mad:

I love how some people go on and on about how Apple is the Porsche, Mercedes Benz, BMW, what have you of the PC world. How they're computers for people with taste and money.

But when you talk about the one machine Apple makes that's truly the Porsche, BMW whatever of their lineup, they go on and on about how it's a waste of time because it isn't a computer for the average consumer.

It's like...you know...stupid.

Hear, hear

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.