Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobferg2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Dashboard opens but mondo solitaire widget is blank green rectangle. Also, mondo solitaire does not appear in current Apple widget website. I seem to have lost a friend.

FineWine

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2012
Dashboard opens but mondo solitaire widget is blank green rectangle. Also, mondo solitaire does not appear in current Apple widget website. I seem to have lost a friend.

I have registered to reply to this problem.

I too had the same problem after upgrading to ML this day. The fix is to click on the i symbol bottom right hand corner of the green panel - you will need to move your cursor over that area for the symbol to show up. then in the Games drop down menu choose a different game, click Done. Now repeat the process but this time choose the game you want. The game we had problems with was Klondike game (2).

Hope this helps.

bobferg2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
FineWine,

I can't believe you registered on this site just to respond to my problem. I'm certainly glad you did.. your answer was perfect. I have my friend back and have you to thank!

Bob Ferguson

aggubin

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2014
turns out that OS X 10.8+ has an issue with a space in the directory name.
when you download mondosolitarie.wdgt.zip unzips into
"mondo solitaire.wdgt" - directory with a space in it

Just remove that space, e.g. -> mondo.wdgt or mondosolitaire.wdgt
and then install the widget - default game will be selected. Also selects for table, card, and card backs will be again available.

Enjoy

OS X 10.9

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
turns out that OS X 10.8+ has an issue with a space in the directory name.
when you download mondosolitarie.wdgt.zip unzips into
"mondo solitaire.wdgt" - directory with a space in it

Just remove that space, e.g. -> mondo.wdgt or mondosolitaire.wdgt
and then install the widget - default game will be selected. Also selects for table, card, and card backs will be again available.

Enjoy

OS X 10.9
Two years after the problem was posted, but what the hey, better late the never they say.

II Infinitum!

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Klondike Accessible

I have registered to reply to this problem.

I too had the same problem after upgrading to ML this day. The fix is to click on the i symbol bottom right hand corner of the green panel - you will need to move your cursor over that area for the symbol to show up. then in the Games drop down menu choose a different game, click Done. Now repeat the process but this time choose the game you want. The game we had problems with was Klondike game (2).

Hope this helps.

Imitating your fine example, I, too, have registered in kind.

To play Klondike (2), you _MUST_ download a fresh copy of Mondo-Solitaire, then, after selecting the i symbol, select the "TriPeaks Game", click on "Done;" next click the i symbol once more, and then select "Klondike (2)" and click on done. Klondike (2) will now play. If you attempt to play Klondike before picking Tripeaks, this will not work until you again load a fresh copy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.