OS X.2 and problems, explain to me!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by LimeiBook86, Sep 10, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

May 4, 2002
    Go Vegan
    I don't have Jaguar yet, but I see a lot of people talking about Jaguar problems, anything major? Well I'm still gonna buy it, when I have the money, LOL!
  2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2002
    bat country
    i have a problem with unix permissions that seem to randomly change themselves. this has been mentioned before and you really should run disk utility and verify your permissions regardless of how it was installed. its not a big deal, but you cant access some things occasionally (i actually lost the ability to get online because my netinfo database permisson changed). this seems to happen quite frequently to me, and i have to verify the permissions every day, others have only had to do it once. hopefully there will be a fix in 10.2.1. other problems seem to be more inconsistent. some users say that burned data cds dont show up on windows machines, some say that mail does send messages (works for me), ftp access in the finder supposedly crashes if you use it a lot (i have not used it enough to test this), some 3rd party peripherals dont work, etc. 10.2.1 sounds like its just around the corner and should address many of these problems, if you have them at all.
  3. SilvorX macrumors 68000

May 24, 2002
    'Toba, Canada
    10.2.1 better fix the bugs :p jk

it takes apple only a month or less to do what microsoft takes a year to "TRY" to do...they FINALLY freaking released their darn service pack for hexpee, dont notice anything faster or anything...just new version of messenger/ie, start menu opening .01th of a second faster and u can set it so ie is removed from your puter...
    bahhh i need a mac :(