Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msvadi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
I have default events notifications setup through Google's calendar preferences (through the browser). In the past, whenever I added a new event through the calendar app in the OS X (or iOS), Google's default notifications would be applied to those events. But not anymore, unfortunately. One of those settings was for Gmail to email me one week ahead of an event. Is there a way of getting this to work again?

Thanks

bocash

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2016
Virginia
I'm having the opposite problem, I will get notified 3 to 5 times for the exact same event. Not sure what is going on with these two companies right now....

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have default events notifications setup through Google's calendar preferences (through the browser). In the past, whenever I added a new event through the calendar app in the OS X (or iOS), Google's default notifications would be applied to those events. But not anymore, unfortunately. One of those settings was for Gmail to email me one week ahead of an event. Is there a way of getting this to work again?

Thanks

Is the calendar in question hosted by Google or is it hosted elsewhere and subscribed at Google?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.