OS X crash report help ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Platform, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

I do not know how this happened (watching TV, Mac just on) But when I came back the fans were on full blast (good, preventing overheating, but first time I heard it) and no response at all, hit the power button restarted fine, but no internet connection what so ever, another restart and everything fine (actually a very fast re-boot fastest ever and RAM and CPU usage very low now...)

So could some smart people tell me what this is/was ;)

Thanks in advance

I got this from the OS X crash reporter

2. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

3. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

The "zalloc" and "kalloc" tell me that it had a problem allocating memory. This may be due to a bug, or due to a hardware problem. If it's frequent, you might try testing your memory with the hardware test CD that came with the machine. Although in my experience, the hardware test isn't generally rigorous enough to find bad memory even when it exists.

Beyond that, check out this article: http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2063.html

It's very technical, but walks you through the process of decoding the backtrace into a list of functions that were called to get to the panic situation. Sometimes that may help in understanding what may have happened.

4. Platform thread starter macrumors 68030

Platform

Thanks...It has only happen once in 4+ months so.....:eek: