OS X Feature Request...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tjwett, Apr 19, 2003.

1. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

I LOVE that with Jaguar we can now search via Finder windows. I HATE that you can't change the view once a search has been performed. You are stuck with List view therefor losing any option to view previews or thumbnails. Boooo. I'd like to see this change with Panther.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think your suggestion is rather late for Panther. It might be in the Finder revisions anyway, though. Besides, you need to send the suggestion to Apple. They have somewhat more control than MacRumors does.

3. tjwett thread starter macrumors 68000

tjwett

no i understand this ofcourse, i wasn't expecting anything to come of posting here. just a rant really. but incase anyone is interested i did find this:

http://www.cocoatech.com

they make an app called "Path Finder" which looks like it's WAY better then the current OS X Finder. me like.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

here is a link to ambitiouslemon's feature request/bugs page for OSX. That is actually read by Apple so it may be useful to email them

5. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

while we're ranting about problems in jaguar, i want spring loaded folders in the dock! i want them so so bad!

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Being able to access folder items in the dock has been there since the initial public beta. Put the folder in the dock, click and hold the folder, select what you want.

7. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

no...
    i mean holdong a file over an icon, and being able to see where to put it still in that folder.

8. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

good point. i have wanted to be able to do that too.