OS X Icon View

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wyvernspirit, Mar 17, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

If I log off my account in OS X (Currently running 10.3.2, but 10.2.8 did the same thing) and then log back it, it resets my Icon view.

Example: I have all of my windows set to icon view with a slight blue background and a large icon size and "listed" by name. When I log out, then back in, the icons are no longer in order, the background is back to white and the icon size is back to the default [Apple's] size.

It did work for a short while correctly (I think 10.2.1 through 10.2.6) then started behaving this way. It is very onoying. I was hoping someone may be able to let me know how I can get it to work the way it should.

Thanks for any help.

2. 7on
    macrumors 601

7on

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

On my main drive, about 75/80 GB. The Drive is a 120 GB Drive.

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

repaired permissions?

you may need to trash the plist file that stores this information... i just don't know where it would be. com.apple.finder.plist would be my guess, but i'm not at my Mac.

paul

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

Actually, I repair permissions on a semi regular basis.

As for trashing the plist, I have done that before, but I'll try again.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

deleting that plist sort of worked. It remembers the correct settings for some of the windows but not most of them.

Som info that I should give is that the correct settings are know to the system as command(apple)-J and select All Windows and it will set the current window to my settings. It just won't remember them on log out.