OS X Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vgurl, Nov 21, 2004.

1. vgurl macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm prolly asking a really stupid question but here goes, hopefully someone can help out......

I copied & pasted some icons to replace the original icons for Safari & iChat but now I want the original icons back but I'm not sure how to revert back to the original icons. Does anyone know how to do this?

Please help!

Thx much everyone!

2. whiteangel macrumors regular

if I'm not wrong you just go to 'get info' and select the icon and press delete

not too sure i remember doing it last time

3. vgurl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thx so much WhiteAngel! I actually just found the answer you gave in a search. I'm still very much a noob to the Mac scene so thx so much for taking the time out to answer my question :)

4. whiteangel macrumors regular

no problem! ;)
    I'm a noob to Macs too and I'm having so much fun trying out new stuff. Hope you like your Mac as much as I like mine. :D

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Nothing exciting, but you can go to View/View Options (Command-J) to play around with some settings, such as size of icons etc.

TinkerTool is also a good freeware app to check out, it gives you access some of the hidden preference settings in Panther and allows for more customisation.

Hope you guys keep enjoying your new Macs! :)

6. vgurl thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Munkle, thx for the advice on TinkerTool :) I luv it! I also downloaded a bunch of other apps that were recommended on another thread. My Mac is my baby & I can't live w/ out it, especially now w/ my cool new apps. Right now I'm working on learning Applescript as well, so wish me luck!

7. live4ever macrumors 6502a

Also check out CandyBar 2 from panic.com - if you're really into icon customization.

8. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Nice tip! Never knew about that :D :cool: I knew you could change icons, but didn't know that by simply pressing delete it can get restored back to the default icon. :)