OS X is really bugging out after Boot Camp

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iEugene, Aug 19, 2006.

1. iEugene macrumors regular

Apr 18, 2006
    Hey all, if you're willing to read this, then thanks a bunch.

Last night I tried to install boot camp to my Intel iMac, all was going well until I tried to load reboot using Windows, the Mac froze and said there was a failure and it was going to have to have a cold boot. I did this, and realized that it was STUCK in Windows, no matter what I did it was looking for the Windows CD, and it wouldn't work. Finally I posted a thread and someone said to hold down "C" with Tiger in the drive, I did and it completley re-installed OS X. I lost all my files.

Today as I'm gaining back my files all was going fine until just 10 minutes ago. I was using CandyBar and all of a sudden, honestly out of no where, my dock disappears and it returns back to normal as if everything was at a brand new boot. And once again ALL OF MY FILES JUST DISAPPEARED.

Is something seriously wrong with my Mac? I really have no idea what to do, it this happens again I'm going to Apple but have no clue how exactly to contact them.
  2. mark! macrumors 65816

Feb 4, 2006
    I'm assuming you've tried repairing permissions, and restarting...
    What have you tried to fix the problem?
  3. XIII macrumors 68040

Aug 15, 2004
    If you're in your 90 days of free telephone support, or perhaps even if you aren't, try giving Apple a call.. this seems pretty irregular. Hope you get it sorted out, and let us know what resolves your problem.
  4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    If you do that, do not tell them you've been using Boot camp.
  5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    That thing about the dock and Candy Bar happened to me too.

I didn't lose all my files, but the dock did turn back to a default dock..and I never installed boot camp, I'm on PPC.

So, that dock issue might not have anything to do with boot camp.

6. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    a suggestion would be "backup all ur files when next time u see them".