OS X is the tool of the devil

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Baseline, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Baseline macrumors member

Apr 9, 2002
    Southern Ontario
    Just wondering what everyone thought of this

I know there's a good number of Christians on this board, and I'm curious as to what they think of this. Does this guy just represent the "bad apple" of the bunch?

BTW, I'm Muslim, so please no "You're an ATHIEST!" flames.

edit-- Not that there's anything wrong with being an Athiest, my best friend is. I just want to make sure everyone knows my position.

Here's a quote from the article, to get you interested: "Given the now obvious anti-Christian and cultish nature of Apple Computers"

I'll let you discover the rest for yourselves.
  2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    I'm a Christian and I think that's a load of you-know-what...

Talk about making us look bad!
  3. Biggles macrumors member

Feb 3, 2002
    I too am a Christian, but some people just go waaaay to far in their religious beliefs (like that dude). Its those people that give us the ultra-conservative stereotype.
  4. britboy macrumors 68030

Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    Even if it is true, what difference does it make? Similar arguments state that mastercard, coca cola and many other major corporations have satanic roots. Are we supposed to stop using them all? Ha, that would make life... complicated :)

Personally, i couldn't care less. I'm happy with my mac, and what i use it for has nothing to do with whether or not the company that produced it endorses evolution and satanic principles.
  5. cleo macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2002
    Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
    Is this for real? Check out the link to Landover Baptist (one of the funniest satire sites around) - you can't even tell a difference in the tone! Cracks me up.
  6. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
  7. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    No one is that stupid. My motto through my entire adult life has been that rule #1 is "People are idiots" and that the other 4 rules point you back to rule #1... but no one is THIS stupid. Besides, with "propaganda" right in the URL, I have to believe it's intended to be funny. Problem is, it still isn't... it's tired, and tiresome.
  8. agp macrumors member

Jan 11, 2002
    Jars of Clay

I am another Christian and agree that it is a load of crap.

Apple actually are advertising Jars of Clay (a christian band) on their site. Jars of Clay are running a demo of audio software in an Apple store too.

I guess both Apple and Jars of Clay benefit from this.

Most likely, Steve Jobs is not christian (who am I to judge though)....but like almost every company I would think apple employ religious people too.

Anyhow, Jars of Clay rock if anyone is interested.

9. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Jan 19, 2002
    Really, what about the people who shoot abortion peforming doctors, crash airplanes into buildings, etc.

There are oodles of people 'that stupid'. Sometimes they go to places like Guyana, to prcatice Darwinism, and sometimes they act on the instructions of slightly smarter zealots (the ones who sit in compounds giving instructions are smart enough not to kill themselves/go to prison).

Never doubt the stupidity of blind believers...
  10. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    You could be right, these guys could be in cahoots with the Landover Baptist web site... if that's the case, damn them for actually wasting five minutes of my life! ;)
  11. Tommy! macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2001
    That site is completely based upon prejudice! I bet none of those people have EVER sat down to use a mac. And what about Windows huh? and the "blue screen of DEATH!" (thats right, death!) im not saying that that makes windows anti-religious, but if theyre really that sensitive....

if anyone is evil, its the person who authored that terrible piece. He speaks of 'long haired hippies', 'atheists' and anything remotely different from the everyday wholesome cleaver family like theyre terrible animals that they will not tolerate.

sorry that just makes me REALLLLYYYY mad! I strongly dislike those who are prejudice or biased in any way towards other human beings.
  12. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    Re: Jars of Clay

Steve Jobs isn't really christian but he is without a dobut religious, he seems to be one of those people who takes bits of world religions and incorporates them into a personal belief (Not that theres anything wrong with that). At least that is the impression I got from the various biographies I read on him.

I really hope that that site was satire. Out of all the corrupt industries and organizations in the world, all they could find to attack was Apple,PBS and a dinosaur movie?

--edit: After I read the site I saw that "most of the computer elite are either atheists or pagans" I dont consider myself either and apparently most of you don't, where did they get this?
  13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Everybody is allowed their opinion, as far as I'm concerned. But not everyone can be correct in that either. If you met this person and tried to ague with him, you would get no where, his mind is closed to any ideas other than his own distorted reality. I kind of feel sorry for people like this.

'Hypnotically encased iMacs trick unsuspecting computer users into accepting Darwinism'

But, oh is it so silly. A good laugh:D
  14. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    I have no religion
    I believe in the science side of it
    you know evolution and everyone is allowed to their own opinion
  15. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    All these long haired hippies running around worshiping satan and installing demons on computers is really getting old these days...

Thats so sad. I cant believe peopel actually thinhk this way. I hate how stupid people are. I know people are stupid but this is so inane. I was reading it outloud to my roomate and we were cracking up at it.

I wish people like this didnt exist. It's not good for people to be extreme to either side. people that are so extremem towards anything are so dangerous and bad for society. You need a balance, thats what so good about eastern religions
  16. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    I hate satanists
    I went to the fireworks with my mates on new years eve and we almost got bashed by about 15 devil worshipers
    they were running around yelling kill jesus and everything it was scary a ****
  17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Just a few words to say about that article....what a load of crap!
  18. Tommy! macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2001
    are you sure they werent just random drunk people?

just a thought...