OS X Lion

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Shehzad, Dec 13, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

Can anyone guide me to roll back my original OS X Lion, because my cousin tried to install a torrent copy of OS X Mountain Lion and now I cannot use my MacBook Pro at all...every time I start my MacBook Pro it takes me to the installation page and stopped after 2 minutes..

Need your expert help Please..

2. macrumors 68030

SDAVE

OS X does not have DRM, so I doubt it has to do with a torrent'ed copy. The install must have gone wrong.

What you can do is backup your data (home folder, etc) and then reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dave.... I wish I could see the home screen once. Now problem is that, System couldn't able to reach to the home.

Tell me what should I do with the MacBook Pro to reach the my desktop screen. I was happy with the OS X Lion..

4. macrumors 68030

SDAVE

Might have to reinstall OS X.

Hold Option during bootup and choose Recovery when you see the list. From there, choose Reinstall.

Report back.

Mountain Lion is far better than Lion and going back doesn't make sense. Also ML is only $20, which is not much money. If you can afford a MBP you can afford $20

5. Shehzad, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012

thread starter macrumors newbie

Dave:::: Can I download the ML from Internet without using Apple App Store?

I tried the way you suggested but its says:::: the disk is locked...
    Can you please tell me how to unlock the disk??

6. macrumors 604

downloading via internet without going to app store is piracy and you get no help with that here.

there are ways to deal with locked disks...a search will find it.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Wiz::: when installation shows error then " OS X utilities " shows and I guess I can download from Internet in that way...but after accepting the agreement, it shows " this disk is locked" now this is the problem " how I can unlock the disk" keep in mind that I cannot download any other software...because I have an installation problem.

Suggests me any solution that can save my data and I can either roll back to Lion or can install Mountain Lion.