OS X Mail - can't click on links

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by DVDSP, Mar 3, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

Can't figure it out.

I use the OS X Mail app for all my email. For some reason, when I click on a link in an email nothing happens. This is a fairly new problem. For a long time I haven't been able to click on links in the NY Times Circuits email but that was it. Now it's in everything. I don't get it.

Any ideas?

John

2. macrumors regular

):

I've noticed this too but I don't know what the problem is. It is not that it just has started to happen. Occasionally it will happen but other times it will not. Hope the next mail update fixes this... :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 68000

neut

lame

i've noticed when i click on links it pulls up IE instead of Safari. where do i change this? couldn't find it in prefs.

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Re: lame

you change your default system browser in System Preferences. it's not difficult. default browsers are a concept on all platforms.

pnw

5. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

system preferences then click internet then click the web tab. U will se a list of installed browsers. All you need to do is set safri and yoru default and your set. Enjoy. All links will now open in safari

6. macrumors 68000

neut

nice

awesome. thanks. i knew it had to be simple.

peace.

7. macrumors 6502a

mattmack

Re: OS X Mail - can't click on links

I just browsed apple Knowledge bases and found an interesting discussion on this topic. It seems that it has to do with the way the mail is sent and formatted. It seems the link gets truncated if it is emmbedded in the message poorly. Not much help but at least its an answer