OS X Mail Issues (Cannot send or see sent items)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Topaz330xi, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Topaz330xi macrumors newbie

All of the sudden I cannot send messages anymore nor see any of the messages in my Sent folder (even though it says there are 1184 messages in there). When I send a message it goes to Outbox, but stalls there. All of my server settings are correct. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Topaz330xi

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If you can recieve mail okay, and using the Internet also works, then I'd suggest these things to try:
    1. Close Mail, move Mail's preference file (com.apple.Mail.plist), re-open Mail, re-enter settings, see if it works.
    2. Repair Permissions: Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility; click main hard disk (or disk you're booted from); click Repair Permissions.

3. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I had that problem when I switched to Bellsouth DSL, it turned out that Bellsouth was the problem and I had to switch my smtp server from .mac to Bellsouth so I could send email again.

4. Topaz330xi thread starter macrumors newbie

No 1 fixed it, but it got rid of my old Inbox too. Anyway I can import that back? Thanks!

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Try this:

Open Mail and look for the Import Mailboxes menu item.
    Choose Import from Mac OS X Mail.
    Navigate to your mailbox file (in the directory ~/Library/Mail/) and choose that as what to import.